Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, January 31, 2021

New Series

 

Watch the video here.

 

 




I know I have been gone for a very long time. I did post a blog back on June 23, 2020 where I went over what had been happening in my life. I was blown away by all the kind messages and comments that were left on the post and sent to me directly. I do thank everyone for those. If you would like to go check out that post you will find it here.


I am happy to say that I am feeling better every day. So now it is time we get back to doing some videos! I have missed this so much. I will admit it has been a bit rocky getting started. I seem to have forgotten a lot of what I once was able to do automatically as far as making videos. I promise to get better at this.


So I decided to build a new dollhouse. I did leave pretty much all my minis back in Oregon. I just couldn't get much into that U-haul truck so in many ways I am starting over. I am going to take you along on the journey as we move from a box of pieces of wood to a completed dollhouse. I hope you all enjoy the process and that I can teach you a few things along the way.


Be sure to ask questions I will do my best to answer all of them.


So let's talk about why I chose the kit I did.


First I want to say I had ventured to the local Hobby Lobby just to look. I had planned to look and then go home and do some research and price checking online. However, when I got to the store they had marked down all the dollhouses that were in stock. I decided on the Beachside Bungalow from Real Good Toys because it had a small footprint. I am not sure yet where I am going to put the finished house and I felt the smaller size would be easier to work into my home. Also I love the craftsman inspired style of the house. The price of under $80 was really nice too. So into my cart the box went and I took it home with me.











I am very excited to begin working on this project but just like all of you I am a bit overwhelmed looking at all those pieces in the box. I have never completed a dollhouse make of mdf before so this is new territory for me. I also have never made a kit from this manufacturer before so the way they do things is new to me. I know I am up to the challenge though and I am excited to get started.









3 comments:

  1. Am thrilled that you're back and to be the writer of your first comment here- it's Melonie at the Oregon coast.
    I found you in 2017 within days of opening the box with all the bits for my Greenleaf Arthur. Somone on the Greenleaf forum highly recommended your YouTube videos, and rightly so.
    I will be a regular- and thanks in advance for all I'll learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joanne,
    So good to see you back. I love your video tutorials and am looking forward to see them back.
    The new dollhouse looks lovely. A great project for you and us, your devoted followers.
    A big welcome hug,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back. I too had to leave a lot of my minis when we moved but gives space for a new one. RGT houses are very good to put together. Looking forward to your series. :)

    ReplyDelete