Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Dollhouse Miniature Front Porch pt 12





I am hoping I am back to filming videos on a weekly basis. Thank you to everyone that has contacted me in the last few months showing their support. You have no idea how much that means to me.

Now on to the project this week.

I have wanted to do this in a project for a couple of years. It is kind of a twist on using a picture outside the window to show the landscape around the house or room. This time we are using a photo of an interior to show the inside of our house.

One of the things I love about this is it can easily be changed. I think it would be so cool to have a collection of pictures of rooms that are decorated for the different seasons. You know maybe one with a Christmas tree, another with Halloween decorations, and so on through the year. I made it so it is really easy to change the photo. Just start collecting pictures to use.

For the back of mine I used a piece of heavy watercolor paper. Mainly because it was laying on my work table so I didn't have to go find it. Use anything that is heavy enough to tape the photo to. I cut mine 12 ½” by 11”. Be sure to try the piece you cut in your porch before you move to the next step. It needs to slide in easily.

For the sides and the divider I used 3 strips of scrap foamcore 1” by about 10 ¾” (the one for the divider will need to be trimmed to fit.

For the top and bottom I used 2 pieces of balsa strip wood that I cut about 11 ½” long. Again measure yours to fit your porch display.

Just glue it together so it looks like this.


Then hunt down some photos in magazines to use.

1 comment:

  1. Using a photo of the interior this way is a brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing this wonderful project and for your fantastic tutorials.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete