Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Trash to Treasure Kitchen Sink






This week for the Trash to Treasure project we are creating a kitchen sink. I figured this might be handy for those of you that are making the kitchen along with me.

I love this project since it is truly a trash to treasure project, we are using some common plastic packaging. For the single basin sink I used part of a package from some hardware I had purchased to do some home repairs. For the double sink I had some packaging from some of those wax cubes that go on the electric warmers. I'm sure you can find some packaging to use too.

The size of the single sink is 1” by 2” by about ½” deep. The double sinks are each 1” by 1” and about ¾” deep.

You can use any color of paint on your sink that you want. I wanted a white sink so I used white craft paint. Spray paint would work just fine too. I added a coat of black paint to outside to make the sink look more substantial and solid. Without the black layer some light might leak through the finish and make the sink look more translucent.

I made the mistake of adding my white coat of paint before the white was dry between the two basins of the double sink and it made a mess. I decided to leave that part in the video to show you we all make mistakes. I also took the time to explain how to fix it if it happens to you too.

For the drain I just added some standard eyelets from the fabric store. I did add a drop of super glue to help them stay put and I also added a piece of black cardstock to the bottom of the hole in the drain. That way we won't be able to see into the lower cabinets when the sinks are installed.





2 comments:

  1. The sinks look great - very realistic. Keep up the good work - Troy

    ReplyDelete