Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Kitchen Cabinets Part 7






This week we are finally finishing up the kitchen cabinets. I know this has been a long project and thank you to those that have hung in through it all. I am really happy with how it is turning out and I am also very glad to call it done.

So this week we started by putting a coat of Matte Mod Podge onto the faux wood of our cabinets. I only put on one coat at the beginning.

Next I marked for the cabinet pulls and attached them. I was planning to use some jewelery head pins but I didn't have enough of any one size to do the complete kitchen. I think the pins are just as nice, just slightly smaller. You could use so many things for these. Pins, head pins, beads, and I am sure some of you will have some more suggestions too.

I was really excited to share my newest “glue trick” with you all this week. I came across this one a while back watching a model railroad scenery building tutorial on YouTube. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to do some experimenting so I could share it her. It is amazing how well something as simple as a dusting of baking soda makes the super glue set up immediately and I am fairly certain the bond is stronger too. I will probably do a full video on the technique in the future after I do some more experimenting. I think this will be very useful for dollhouse crafting.

The shelf in the corner was planned from the beginning although I almost decided to leave it out. I am so glad I did add it. I love how it looks in that little corner area. I can't wait to make/find something to put there.





No comments:

Post a Comment