Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Easy Corner Roombox pt 8




This week we are finishing up the porch floor on our corner roombox. I decided to use plain old craft sticks for this project. They are fairly inexpensive and also pretty easy for most of us to get. I was out of my stash of them so I needed to make a trip to Michael's to pick up some more. I am going to tell you how that trip went so you can see how very important it is to both check the price when you pick up an item and then to watch the cash register at checkout time. Since I just had the one item it was a little easier to watch.

I had noticed a display of “summer kid's craft” items as I came in the door of the store. They were right there next to the door and on the middle shelf there were about 10 or 15 of the economy size boxes of craft sticks. The price on the shelf said $4.99. I grabbed a box as I went by and proceeded to look at several things in the store. I happened to go down the aisle where the craft sticks were normally placed and noticed that a lot of the small packages of wood items were around $4. I wanted to double check the price on the big box I had but there was no price on the shelf back there where the large boxes were. I then went back to the front of the store to double check that the price I saw was indeed for the item I had picked up and not the price for something else. I read the tag and it said it was for the economy box of craft sticks so I went ahead and got in line.

When my turn at the cash register came my box of craft sticks rang up at $7.99. I pointed out the cashier that the price was different on the shelf. She called for a price check but ended up going herself to check it. She also verified that the price on the shelf was $4.99 for this item. She of course made the adjustments for my purchase and since I had my Michael's rewards card pulled up on my phone she automatically gave me the 40% off coupon that was valid that day.

So in the end I paid $2.99 for an item that rang up at a much higher $7.99 in the first place. So the lesson here is if you know the price on the shelf was lower than what the cash register says point it out. Truthfully, I would have been happy with the $4.99 that the shelf said it was just extra nice to the coupon come off too.





1 comment:

  1. I used to hate that when I worked in retail, they would print out the price and display but wouldnt put it on the register so things would ring up wrong. you'd have to go check and then adjust it...I got to the point were I would just give it to the customer it wasnt worth the hassle.

    ReplyDelete