Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Chrysnbon Organ Kit part 3





If you haven't already watched the earlier videos showing this project you can find them here: part 1 and part 2


First off I want to say I am sorry I totally forgot to put up a Trash to Treasure video this last week. I got busy with other things and it totally slipped my mind until I was editing this video. One of the things I want to do this year is to expand and improve my skills in many different artistic directions. To help me get to this end I decided that I want to expand my skills in working with polymer clay and to learn to draw and paint. So this last couple of weeks I have been busy learning in all those areas. I have been watching videos on different techniques with polymer clays and then spending a lot of time practicing what I have learned. I hope to share some new ideas and methods with all of you soon. For the drawing and painting I have just been sitting down and practicing (I am trying to do some each day) and I hope that eventually I will have something I can show off on that front too. In the mean time I am having lots of fun and loving every second of it. I think it is so important to keep learning new things, I got that lesson from my father he continued to learn his entire life and was so proud to talk about the new things he was learning even in his last months (he lived to be 90 so that was a lot of years of learning) I hope to be able to say in the end that I was able to keep up with his example.

Now on to today's video project. We only had a couple of parts to glue together. And that was the easy part of the project. I am a bit unhappy with how my keyboard fits into the organ. I somehow got mine crooked and I can't seem to make it right. I guess it will just be crooked, so if you do this kit be sure to be more careful on that part than I was.



I decided that I wanted the carved areas to have a bit more pop so I got out my Perfect Pearls and highlighted the areas with the Heirloom Gold color. I also brushed a touch of the Pewter color over those knobs above the keyboard. You really don't see it much but it does its job of drawing a bit more attention to those areas. I think the subtle touch is just right. 

 

I am glad that I did wait until now to do the final finish since we finally have a beautiful day and I was able to go outside and use a spray finish on the completed Organ. I like the coverage of a spray so much better than a brush on finish but the weather has not been really nice enough to do a spray finish until today. The product I used Deco Art under the label Americana. It is just an acrylic spray finish/sealer. I am not totally sure if they still make this exact product but any spray finish should work about the same. 


 

To finish the organ all that was now left was to glue in the mirror on the back. This was simple and now I have the completed organ. I am very happy with how it turned out.




If you make this kit or any of my other projects (or really anything mini) be sure to post pictures on the Facebook page we all love to see what everyone is working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment